Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sm4 01-05 impreza pnp install to 99-00 gc8

hi.
    im planning on upgrading from smc to sm4.
    do i need to replace the gc8 classic trigger wheels for the newer 01-05 ones, or does the software have an option to use gc8 trigger setup?
    i plan on making or buying the wiring loom adapter to fit 99-00 plugs

does the chip version reads from somewhere on the board?

can i "copy" most settings from smc to sm4 ?
    i understand idle settings are different but things like base fuel table and boost and so on.

Can the sm4 for 01-05 be mapped from obd plug?
    and if fitted to classic shape impreza it needs the mapping cable to be attached on the board?

Thanks

edit

the readings from the board:
    SUB MY2001-05
    Serial No. 0406 N14562
    Chip v1.07_4
    Last edited by scoob; October 19th, 2015, 10:59 PM.

ok it looks like the sm4 gives an option for wrx 94-00, so im propably good with my old trigger wheels and need no modification as i keep the older heads.

what does this chip version tell v1.07 ?

and one more thing, the 01-05 board doesnt have the external data cable. i need to install it since i cant use the obd port.
    where exactly should the cable to be mounted and where i could get the part that connects to the board, the one with female stereo jack? or possible diagram for it
    Last edited by scoob; October 23rd, 2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

use pdf

http://www.russiandrag.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=1249

Comment

yes can check here
        Attached Files

Comment

can i use my old ignition coil and old stepper motor with the 01-05 pnp sm4?
          wiring is a bit different, 99-00 uses two wires for ignition but 01-05 uses four.
          and difference between idle control valve wires, on has four wires and the other only one... everything else is pretty straight forward

Comment

The 01-05 Tumble Generator valve outputs can be used to drive the 99-00 stepper motor. Make sure the IAC power comes from the injector power.

You can just use 2 ignition outputs.

Also don't use the 01-05 fuel pump output, it is TTL. Use a spare output for the 99-00 fuel pump relay.

Comment

i am just planning to reorder the 99-00 pins to 01-05 plugs and make it work as straight forward as possible

Originally posted by Ian View Post
              The 01-05 Tumble Generator valve outputs can be used to drive the 99-00 stepper motor. Make sure the IAC power comes from the injector power.

So i wire them to tumble generator valve pins?
              does it matter what order they are connected?
              01-05 has open and close for both left and right side 4 pins,
              99-00 has 4 signal wires

how should i check that it gets power from injectors?

You can just use 2 ignition outputs.
              so i just use the #1 and #3 for 01-05 board?
              or should i connect the "1 and #3 to the same wire and #2 and 4 to same wire? like its on 99-00 board

Also don't use the 01-05 fuel pump output, it is TTL. Use a spare output for the 99-00 fuel pump relay.
              i just have the 01-05 ecu pinout, what pin should i use to connect the fuel pump relay?
              i have a lot of questiuons, but i am trying to learn and do as much myself as i can.

Comment

Could you help me hook up the 99-00 subaru stepper motor to the 01-05 pnp sm4 board via tumble valve outputs?

I have 4 signal wires from the stepper motor ready next to wire to the ecu, ecu has 2 outputs to tumble valve, how should i wire it and what changes i need to do to the cal file to recognize the changes?

a big thanks already

Comment

Working...
                X