Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM4 GPC controlling on\off

Hi.

Is it a way to get the GPC tables to be in 0 and 1`s ? not 0-100 as it normally is.

If not: how does the ecu control on of with 0-100? anything under 50 is off and 50-100 is on?

Just looking at one CAL post for turning on the HI PWR on cdi . The table have just one cell (100%) and the on/off is controlled by the inhibit function (load in this case)

This is one example , but for controlling on/off with the number in the table , I want to know me too .

Comment

Originally posted by frotou View Post
      Just looking at one CAL post for turning on the HI PWR on cdi . The table have just one cell (100%) and the on/off is controlled by the inhibit function (load in this case)

This is one example , but for controlling on/off with the number in the table , I want to know me too .
      Inhibit control is not possible by just a on\off function. it`s a variable that needs to be done with a full table. ( several tables with fuel pressure\manifold pressure\oil pressure\rpm\lambda... )

Comment

http://www.mrm-racing.se/forum/showt...high+o%2Fp+cdi

EFI500R3.CAL see GPC3

The on/off is set by the inhibit . Table have only ON

OFF below 105 kpa , ON over .

But this is a simple case here .

Comment

This may be old news to you but thought I would post this anyhow. I have attached a cal file showing various outputs. Important - This is a file I use only for testing on a simulator so do not assign any meaning to the tables.

GPC 7 is set simply using Inhibit for fan control to turn the fan on and off at a specific temp
          GPC 8 is for an intercooler Sprayer, but the table has been modified to show more control. GPC 8 has the inhibit setup for air temp to ensure the sprayer does not work below 40ºC. The table was previously used to turn the sprayer on once the rpm was above 4000 and the load above 130kpa, but I added some cells to show how it could also be turned off after 180kpa, as well as turning off after 7000 and back on again at 7600. You'd never do this with an IC sprayer but it's just for example purposes. This has been tested in real life on a race car and on my simulator and works.

GPC 1 and GPC 11 are an example I did, which I later plan to use for an instructional video for software outputs. In this case the hypothetical example requirement is to run a valve or solenoid via a PWM output, that is controlled by load and rpm. However the valve must be shut off if any of the following occur.

A momentary switch is pushed by the driver (valve off for time set in I/P Switch to var 1)
          Air temperature is above 60ºC
          Coolant temperature is below 50ºC or above 100ºC
          EGT is below 250º or above 950ºC
          Battery voltage is below 11 volts or above 15 volts

The table in GPC 11 assigns the output values to represent load (kpa) in the GPC 1 table's Y axis. 20 in the Y axis of GPC1 table is 120 kpa, 40 in the Y axis is 160 kpa, 60 in the Y axis is 200 kpa, etc.

This was all tested on my simulator and worked fine.

As everyone always says the flexibility is almost endless with the GPC tables. Later today I plan to verify this, but for example, we could take things a step further. Let's say if the air temp goes over 60ºC we don't want to shut the valve off, but we want it to run duty cycles for 120kpa, we would simply set the inhibit output value to 20%.

The cal file also shows how to set up two push to pass momentary switches that give a timed increase in boost by switching to Setpoint 2 or Setpoint 3 boost tables for a specified time.

UPDATE: Changed cal file as one GPC7 had an error.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by hioctane; December 15th, 2014, 12:56 AM.

Comment

hioctane ; impressive ! that's a lot of info for me to to understand .

To answer the first question by sleeper ;

in gpc table 0=off and 100=on ?

Comment

Originally posted by frotou View Post
              hioctane ; impressive ! that's a lot of info for me to to understand .

To answer the first question by sleeper ;

in gpc table 0=off and 100=on ?
              I've always done it that way. Ian or others may advise differently if I am incorrect, but I've run more than one car using 0=off and 100=on oveer the years and the outputs have worked fine.

To my knowledge most outputs, except for PWM 1 and PWM 2 will simply be on/off type, unless you select the O/P Type as Sfw PWM. This means once the O/P Type is 'DIRECT to pin' they won't run at duty cycles, just either on or off.

I'm sure Ian or Chris or someone will step in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

while we are on a topic, a single inhibit is enough to trigger a warning light right?
                I seem to be missing a step somewhere, trying to setup a simple warning light on my dash which is trigerred by ground... in the O/P setup I choose GPC output which is a ground type, choose the GPC setpoint as Oil T and a single inhibit (for example 120* minimum) to trigger the light, however it doesn't work (with oil temp at 25* I set the inhibit minimum to 10 and still nothing) - the only thing that triggers the light is when I change inhibit ouput value from 0 to 100 (which triggers the light even with minimum inhibit over the actual temp)

Comment

Which output are using? If you are using Output 1, 2, 3, or 4, I have found they work different and supply a 12 volt, not a ground.

If you are not using O/P 1, 2, 3 or 4, then try the following. Change the O/P to inverted. Do this in M1 O/P Setup, click enter then hit 'i', and you should see [inv] next to the output pin. For GPC Setpoint pick a table (use one of the lower resolution tables). You can use any two parameters for the axises and just have a single site, but no matter what you pick, all sites, or the single site, must have 100. For Inhibit variable enter Oil T. If you want the light on below 25ºC, enter 25 in inhibit minimum, and if you want the light to trigger above 120ºC enter 120 as the Inhibit maximum.
                  Last edited by hioctane; December 15th, 2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hioctane View Post
                    I've always done it that way. Ian or others may advise differently if I am incorrect, but I've run more than one car using 0=off and 100=on oveer the years and the outputs have worked fine.

To my knowledge most outputs, except for PWM 1 and PWM 2 will simply be on/off type, unless you select the O/P Type as Sfw PWM. This means once the O/P Type is 'DIRECT to pin' they won't run at duty cycles, just either on or off.

I'm sure Ian or Chris or someone will step in and correct me if I'm wrong.
                    Do you know when the "switch" from on-off is when running a 0-100 table?
                    ( need to know, since i`m going to use a few GPC outputs ( tru I\O to var switches) to turn on\off other things in the software.
                    These tables is going to be a linear table where i can`t get a 0 or 100 tru the whole table. closest i can get it to be is anything under 50% is off and over is on..

Comment

I'll have to test it again tomorrow, but I briefly tried to find the cut off point but the results of changing the sites were strange, leaving me to believe that when using an on/off type output you have to use either 100% or 0%, or things don't go quite right.

Ian will have to weigh in here.

You'll need to explain exactly what you are trying to do, as I don't think you can use on/off outputs in that way.

Comment

When a GPC function is assigned to a standard output (not PWM or sfw PWM) the hysteresis range is 100%. That means the output will only change state when the GPC Setpoint value is 0 or 100%. Any value in between is hysteresis.

So if the Setpoint goes to 100% the output will switch On (Off if Inverted) and it will not change until the Setpoint reaches 0%. It will stay Off and will not switch On again until the Setpoint reaches 100%.

Comment

Hi, does the link still work for you guys?

http://www.mrm-racing.se/forum/filedata/fetch?id=33270

I can't seem to download the example provided by hioctane.
                          Thanks.
                          Mitsubishi Galant VR4. SM4 1.09. T51R SPL E85. Motec SDL. 425kw at 4. 10.93@135mph.
                          Mitsubishi Galant AMG. Evo IX SM4 1.07. Gt30r 98Ron. Auto. Street car.
                          ​​​​

Comment

Actually, it just downloaded... Just froze a few times for some reason... Thanks anyway.
                            Looking to build an Alternator Software PWM output to regulate voltage... Will try and do it via a table and inhibit settings (turn off when cranking and on when 1000rpm and up). Also turn off if over voltage is detected to prevent damage.
                            Mitsubishi Galant VR4. SM4 1.09. T51R SPL E85. Motec SDL. 425kw at 4. 10.93@135mph.
                            Mitsubishi Galant AMG. Evo IX SM4 1.07. Gt30r 98Ron. Auto. Street car.
                            ​​​​

Comment

Working...
                            X