X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STI powered VW Beetle, with SM4

Hi

I'm new here.

I'm hopefully about a year from finishing my car. Its a 1973 bug (1303 or L bug), 2003 WRX STI motor with SM4, PWR water 2 air intercooler, G50 Porsche transaxle, 944 Porsche suspension, Brembo brakes etc

When I get it running I may have some questions.

Steve

Feel free to ask, I am an old VW freak. I used Porsche 915 transaxle and a Type 1 engine bloch with Porsche over head camshafts and heads. I wish we had a SM4 at that time. It was 21 years ago and my Typ 1 beetle made 9.62 Sec at 402 meters.

Nice to se some pics on your project......
    Robert Jansson
    MRM-Racing

Comment

Hi Robert

I gathered from your avatar that you may have had a VW connection. That is still a quick time that you did, even 21 years ago its still a fast time now

My last bug was 1302 and ran a turbo 2.1 Wasserboxer motor with a Autronic SMC controlling things.

This is my last bug,

This the G50 poking through the rear of the body, I have advanced much further than this photo.

I have moved the STI motor 100mm forward.

Steve

Comment

Hi

I had a lot of trouble with my local registration authorities, I now have the car on the road and can now finish it.

Cheers Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

More pics and info please :-)
          BMW E30 325ix M50 turbo, active 4wd, traction control and boost by gear. 840awhp @ 2.15 bar.
          BMW E30 M50 turbo 764 whp @ 1.7 bar with traction control and boost by gear.

Comment

Hi

Still getting more power from it a video from a recent VW drag meet http://youtu.be/uhgVgzf5oD0

Steve

Comment

Hi

Just ran the Snowy Mountains 1000 (standing start 1 kilometer drag race), I won my class video http://youtu.be/spgKInSH1D0

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X