My son´s Turbo VW/bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son´s Turbo VW/bug

Here are some pics from my 18 year (my youngest son) son Patrick.

He started up this when he was 15 year, told me to get rid of his computer and teach him to build cars. Today he do most of the work himself including welding aluminum/stainless, milling and using the lath. Engine is a new brazil case, h-profile rods, fully counterweighted long stroke crank, new bigger heads, changed to "hemi" style to improved the fuel E85.

The car started fine the last december 2010, and use a SM3 (my first).

Every thing done so it will run for a long time with good cooling in the front. close gears, four wheel disc brakes, rack-pinion steering and so on. Fully leather seats and dash.

Engine bay, we will soon build a completely new improved manifold with only one throttle and plenums with full radius horns.

Steady homebuilt trigger bracket with the normal hall sensor in front of pulley.

Homemade "billet" sync ditributor

Big coolers under front hood....they are pwm controoled with SM3 and a Volvo fan controller. Running cold is a life saver for Volkswagen.
    Last edited by MRMRacing; January 4th, 2011, 11:49 PM.
    Robert Jansson
    MRM-Racing

More pictures.....

Here is the body ready for painting, you can se that almost everything is changed.
    Car behind is a spare parts -53 Volvo and not my shiny PV below...

We have used a special copper "wire" for the MIG welding so it will not rust. It also welds with lower temperature so you can weld "edge-to-edge".

The nice red color is imported from germany, (my old Volvo 53 in the rear...).
    Last edited by MRMRacing; January 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM.
    Robert Jansson
    MRM-Racing

Comment

Nice & clean build, are the belt tensioner manual or auto adjust ?

Comment

It is manual. Everything is built to go under the rear hood....
        Robert Jansson
        MRM-Racing

Comment

How about a couple of pics of the ovlov ?

Chris
          He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Well done to the builder/s. It looks like a nice show car.
            Does it get driven much? I'm sure a lot of your sons friends
            would be envious of a car (possibly first one) like that.

What wheels did your son Patrick put on the
            Beetle?

Cheers

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by D510 View Post
              Well done to the builder/s. It looks like a nice show car.
              Does it get driven much? I'm sure a lot of your sons friends
              would be envious of a car (possibly first one) like that.

What wheels did your son Patrick put on the
              Beetle?

Cheers

Peter
              Not ready yet, doors and some interior parts are still left to do, in the spring it will be tested!

Empi 5 spoke wheels.
              Robert Jansson
              MRM-Racing

Comment

Originally posted by buzzard View Post
                How about a couple of pics of the volvo ?

Chris
                Off topic but since I rule here....

My -53 Volvo PV 444 ES, never overhauled or rostfixed, onyy repainted 14 years ago. Everything stock I am second owner. It is like new...but soon 60 years old!

My daughter Isabell at her school summer vacation..

At my small cabin fishing crawfish.....
                Robert Jansson
                MRM-Racing

Comment

Looks good. Also I noticed your sons car is a superbug. Some major work there fiting two inner guards.

Chris
                  Last edited by Chris; January 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM.
                  He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzard View Post
                    Looks good. Also I noticed your sons car is a superbug. Some major work there fiting two inner guards.

Chris
                    Yeas, most parts are brand new original VW mexican parts. But the McPherson was not available in mexico (not super Beetle) so I found them in Germany. All fenders are also brand new original VW german parts, with perfect fitting!
                    Robert Jansson
                    MRM-Racing

Comment

Very nice car Robert!!!

Comment

Updated the engine with new manifold, with full radius horns and Bosch 3-wire IAC, runs so nice now.....

Robert Jansson
                        MRM-Racing

Comment

More pictures, the new manifold and from the Bug Run at the new Tierp Dragstrip north Stockholm.

Last edited by MRMRacing; December 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM.
                          Robert Jansson
                          MRM-Racing

Comment

Looks great.

What does it run?

Comment

First test at Tierp and only 1 bar boost (14.7 psi) and slow-motion starts resulted in 13.5 sec at 1/4 mile and 0-100 km/h (55 mile/hr) in 4.7 sec.

My son need to biff up the transmission fastening, now we can only do grandma starts else it will jump. (was not build for drag race, only daily to school).

And on his list to santa are also a new camshaft with a special profile that allows weaker springs and conical aluminum pushrods. Resulting in a much more quiet engine, than the steel pushrods not expanding like the cylinders and resulting in big valve gaps...

Also a new turbo and the crown jewel the Swedish MS230 heads, built for power with the best cooling available.

LInk http://dokument.lokaldelenwebsites.s...roduktblad.pdf
                              Last edited by MRMRacing; December 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM. Reason: corrected psi pressure..
                              Robert Jansson
                              MRM-Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              schoolgirl sexokeygabilesohbetdeneme bonusuKoRehberidikmen evden eve nakliyatoyunlar oynaKo Rehberiankara evden eve nakliyat #yaslikurt# Hack haber instagram hackleme sitesi Hack forum