Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subaru knock board to SM4 modifications?

Originally posted by MRMRacing View Post
    Knock board now awailable for Subaru 01-05 and EVO 9, they are all Sm4 based meaning they can with small modification fit SM4 ecus on this models.

They are very advanced knock boards with adaptive learning, meaning you can take one EVO9 PnP box and fit it to another EVO9 car without doing any tuning on knock board.
    "With small modifications" Any information what they mods are?
    Can i use Sub knock board whit SM4 pro in My00 Impreza?

Comment

Small mods meaning they fit the Sm4 board, but you need a new or drill hole in the Sm4 "endplate" for the wiring to the knock sensor & diode.
      Robert Jansson
      MRM-Racing

Comment

Originally posted by MRMRacing View Post
        Small mods meaning they fit the Sm4 board, but you need a new or drill hole in the Sm4 "endplate" for the wiring to the knock sensor & diode.
        OK. I been afraid they are very complex electrical mods, but they are really small mods.
        I bay one for my impreza.
        Thanks!

Comment

Have to bump this thread, I am new here and looking into knock detection/control, I have a SMC PNP in my Evo IV, obviously with no knock control, is the board adaptable to the SMC board by any chance.

Cheers

Jason

Comment

No it works with Sm4 and Sm4 based PnP.

For your car you can use a Sm4 and a patch-harness and you can get knock control. And the other improved functions that Sm4 deliver.
            Robert Jansson
            MRM-Racing

Comment

Ok thanks for clearing that up Robert

Comment

Hi

I have 73 VW Beetle with a 03 STI motor fitted, but that besides the point.

I'm running a PnP SM4 with 1.07 firmware.

I'm having it tuned soon and a knock board fitted at the same time by an Autronic dealer.

My question is will the knock board work with my 1.07 firmware?

The dealer wasn't 100% sure.

I'm having it tuned on a Monday and racing it the following Saturday so I want the tune to go smoothly.

Cheers Steve

Comment

recently I've noticed my knock control started working "backwards"
                  ie, before that it would show as negative angle being substracted, and now shows as positive
                  is this normal/possible due to new SM4 software?

Comment

I will check what has happened.

Comment

I believe it will, however 1.09 is far superior to 1.07 for transient fuel.

Originally posted by 1303Steve View Post
                      Hi

I have 73 VW Beetle with a 03 STI motor fitted, but that besides the point.

I'm running a PnP SM4 with 1.07 firmware.

I'm having it tuned soon and a knock board fitted at the same time by an Autronic dealer.

My question is will the knock board work with my 1.07 firmware?

The dealer wasn't 100% sure.

I'm having it tuned on a Monday and racing it the following Saturday so I want the tune to go smoothly.

Cheers Steve
                      He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                        I will check what has happened.
                        Thanks Ian
                        also, I sent you an email, if you have a chance to have a look at it and confirm my thining is correct, would be great!

Comment

Ian, did you have a chance to look into this?

Also, how do I make my CEL blink when the knock is detected?

Comment

The inversion is due to a change in the way the software handles some variables to allow for future updates. It should have displayed downwards like normal and will be corrected in the next software version.

Comment

Working...
                            X