External fuel pump control over PWM and OEM FPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External fuel pump control over PWM and OEM FPC

Since I am rebuilding my GC8 from scratch, I am redoing the wiring completely
    I want to use this opportunity to include some of the additional elements in the wiring

SM4 plugin 1.15 Subaru

Running OEM FPC to the stock intank fuel pump, and external bosch 044 fuel pump hardwired through a relay. operating 100% duty all time

What I want to do is add a 2nd OEM FPC that will control bosch 044, so that I can keep the duties low during low loads and idle. OEM FPC outputs just enough amps to operate 044 pump

OEM FPC operates from the ECU using the following PWM parameters:

The signal from the ECU is 3.8V peak
    Frequency 80H

My question, is how to setup the output from the ECU to make it work, and also mimic OEM operation (key on - prime, stop. Engine running - variable PWM depending on load)

The stock pwm controller is at its limits for the stock pump. It will never control an 044. Most of the time when they fail, they fail at 100% output.

Comment

A solid state relay would suffice.
      He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

looked into SSR but didn't want to mess with diodes and heatsinks

ended up getting OEM FPC off Jag/Land Rover, they were reported to operate very good through pwm control

IMG202007011451262.jpg

now I want to go even further and figure out a way to "soft-start" my SPAL fans, because they draw a lot of amps at start and shock the electrical system

Comment

Same deal. Fuel pump controller = fan controller.
          He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Working...
          X