charge temp estimate - affect on ve -sm4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charge temp estimate - affect on ve -sm4

HI. Can someone tell me where can i find a map for charge temp estimate trim to fuel map.
    Is this somethig internally programed? I have problem on lancer EVO8 set up stable AFR on idle, on load is terrible, but first is idle. I started from 60% for idle conditions and now im on 30% but still as hotter intake temp i have as leaner is the idle AFR...
    So its mean i need extra trim table for IAT?

I wish to place IAT sensor between the cooler and TB and make ordinary trim table for fuelnig and completly turn off charge temp estimate map if i cant find solution for stock HW

The charge temperature estimator is a formula that is hard coded into the ecu. The table in M2 titled Charge temperature estimate is the coolant contribution that is used by the charge temp formula.

I think perhaps if you press F1 key and read the help menu in the charge temp estimate screen you will find you are adjusting the coolant contribution the incorrect way.

Where is the air temp sensor currently located?

NOTE2
    "Water cooled engines (Constant water temp)".
    Higher air temp=Leaner mixture then INCREASE "Charge est"

He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Thank you Chris for reply I understood if i need to make my charge temp map more bias to the air temp then i need to decrease numbers.

Stock lancer EVO8 sesor located in MAF

So it is possible to set this up without an extra fuel trim table, stock located IAT-sensor to be reliable in all conditions?
      Is it the best point to start with that using map from PNP evo9 base calibration? then record IAT, CT and AFR in two different conditions line manual said and using formula from NOTE2 to determine the numbers for this map?
      Bez n?zvu.jpg

Comment

Ok, that will not work, either using the charge temp estimate or with a trim table. Is this a Group N rally car or are you involved in some other form of competition that requires you to use only the stock sensors?.

Comment

No, ist stock car. I just want to try with OEM placed IAT. Since i started i know the best will be relocated IAT sensor, but im affraid a little bit to found a proper sensor which could be easily calibrated

Comment

O)K, OEM placed IAT will not work as it does not see the temperature rise due to boost. Get an Autronic air temp sensor, mount close to throttle and all will be well.

Comment

Thank you Chris. I will obey your advice.
              I dont want to make a new thread. But yesterday i started to play with AFR CLC and founded in MRM manual V3.0 there is written the CLC under menu M1 completly different like my 1.09 firmware. Is there some newer/older manual about settings for 1.09fw? Because i thought i will run my innovate wideband by CLC but it seems its not possible. Is it maded only for CLC by stock narrow sensor?

Comment

I would not use an Innovate wideband for CLC unless I had the ground isolation amplifier. Wideband CLC is available in SM3/4 V1.15. I don't use a manual so I cannot advise you on that.

Comment

Thank you again...you save me a lot of time and what do you think about stock evo 8 lambda sensor? should it work? I never tryed a narrow band sensor with standalone ecu

Comment

If it is in good condition it should work OK.

Comment

So the best will be buy a new sensor? or try use old sensor for CLC and put in wideband for set up and make sure its working properly

Comment

OK, so for now is IAT installed in to the intake pipe close to the throttle plate and reading proper values, but still at 10?C intake temp i have 13,6AFR and at 40?C intake I had 15AFR idle. ECT still between 78-83?C so i tryed just moddify numbers in charge temp map for idle from 50to 70 using edit asist but no better result

And just for fun trying find out how CLC lambda control working i tryed couple of test but if im rihgt it seem it working like stock ecu using STFT and LTFT.....is it true? so the first think is i need to had very good VE table, charge temp table and then if everithing is super constant i can run CLC...is it true?

Thanks!

Comment

Please attach a copy of your .cal file and some data log whilst idling. The CLC has what I would call STFT, it does not have LTFT.What air temp sensor did you use?

Comment

I put in VAG 1,8t NTC which im tested from -15 to 70?C has -+1?C FHAWKEYEQ-1-8-T-2-3-1-6-Manifold-Intake-Air-Temperature-Sensor-For-VW-Beetle.jpg_960x960.jpg

I have 2 logs, frst was IAT around 7?C and second was around 25. yesterday i didnt save my best test, but i promisse i will make one proper log for you.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by GT-engines; March 12th, 2020, 11:41 PM.

Comment

https://www.uschovna.cz/sk/zasilka/W...J9VM6J96J-HE7/

Comment

Working...
                              X