Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Evo9 PnP autronic on a non-evo

Evening!

Via my usual antics, I’ve come across an e9 PnP ecu.

Ive come across some details implying the PnP units only have the config for the crank triggers from the “original” vehicle....

is this correct?

its probably going to end up in my RX2, so it’s going to need a different trigger pattern!

Of course you could simply open the software,go to FileCal\Change ecu type, select an evo 9 ecu and have a look for yourself. It should be noted that the E9 ecu will not work with reluctor triggers. A reluctor interface will solve this issue. FC3S is the most likely crank angle sensor, or FD3S. Some judicious use of an angle grinder will give a workable solution.
    Last edited by Chris; February 12th, 2020, 08:53 PM.
    He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

This also depends if the firmware acts how the software implies it will... which a lot of the time it doesn't (I'm a firm advocate of McGuinness law... Murphy was an optimist!)

So in the absence of a technical whitepaper, always defer to experts.

But, I digress:.. Analysis: When you select Evo SM4 V1.07 You do have the option of 2cyl Rotor tpmc and the Ignition cycle does appear to have a ofset cycle every 360 Deg, But this is different to the trigger setup I thought you would use, hence the basis of the question. It does however also appear to be able to "run" a ACVS equipped subaru, so It may get used on the BRZ temporarily!

On the Subaru PnP it appears "set" to the 4 "subaru" trigger options only... So the inital reason for the question!

For the Reluctor adaptor, I've got a Haltech Adaptor I used when the RX2 used the E6R Haltech's ignition features, and a plethora of FC CAS's, so that side is fine! (Gives a nice clean squarewave, and I can get the Male parental unit to adjust the squarewave to suit the Autronic.... Electrical enginers are failry useful!)

Comment

The selections in the ignition output setup is not your primary concern. The major issue is the trigger decoder.Any competent Autronic dealer could make it work. Good luck getting it to run an AVCS Subaru.

Comment

"On the Subaru PnP it appears "set" to the 4 "subaru" trigger options only" . How odd, my screen shows five trigger options. But fine detail has never been your forte.

Comment

Well, for the BRZ, it just needs to start the Darn thing so I can get KM on the cars chassis setup. So it sounds like a plan!

Details? BAH! It’s the mabo vibe!

Edit: I do have the SMC Triggger adaptor already in the car, and an assortment of Suitable Ignition module sthat would work, So il give it a crack and report back!
            Last edited by kaptainballistik; February 15th, 2020, 01:52 PM. Reason: Left off deeeets!

Comment

Working...
            X