No announcement yet.

issues connecting SM4 to realdash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could not make sense of all the different folders and files that came when unzipping the download. I have to look at it later. For now I have been in touch with Robert that DID make it work with ease, no driver needed, just connected the ECU via Aten and an OTG adapter to a Samsung device. I have used the exact same adapters and a samsung phone as well as Lenovo plate. The only difference I observe is when I set up the USB Connection in the Realdash software, I get "null" when it search for a device whereas Robert get "USB". I have two attached screen shots

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mpletest&hl=en
      He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Installed the app but Im honestly lost what do: opening the app and there are fields such as "write", "read data", " loopback"?? Skipped this, still not connecting

Comment

Select 19200 baud and open.

Comment

https://support.thermal.com/hc/en-us...wered-USB-OTG-

Comment

Hooked up a mouse via the otg adapter, worked right away so the adapter supply power and connect to the phone. Followed your instruction (19200, open)-no go. Still no connection😤 I have ordered a new autronic data cable- last straw...
              Last edited by bogo; April 13th, 2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Finally!! I got myself a new Rs232-usb converter and realdash connect to the SM4. Since I cannot start the engine yet I only get a few inputs such as IAT, coolant temp and AFR but now realdash identify the adapter when setting it up🙂so it seems like the Aten adapter works for some but not all in this application. The converter that works is a Deltaco UC-232C9. It was just plugging it in, no need to install driver in the phone (samsung s7) nor tablet (8" lenovo)

Comment

Working...
                X