Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sm4 1.06 vs sm4 1.09

hi ,
    i want to install the map i have in my sm4 1.09 and to install it in a older sm4 1.06
    is there a easy way or i have to copy everything manually ?
    thanks
    Peter

I think you can load the software. Open your cal file in the higher version. Go to one of the menus in the software and change ecu type.

Select the appropriate firmware.

I believe you will lose a lot of good features such as transient fuel settings .

Have you considered upgrading the firmware to 1.15?
    Mitsubishi Galant VR4. SM4 1.09. T51R SPL E85. Motec SDL. 425kw at 4. 10.93@135mph.
    Mitsubishi Galant AMG. Evo IX SM4 1.07. Gt30r 98Ron. Auto. Street car.
    ​​​​

Comment

hi,
      i`m asking because i already have a sm4 with 1.09 and i purchase a used one with 1.06 i just wanted to load the cal file i have in the 1.09 into the 1.06 one as a spare unit,
      i don`t know how much would cost an upgrade , is this something i can load myself or do i need an chip replacement ?

Comment

To convert from a correctly calibrated 1.09 cal file to 1.06 will not be a simple change over. There will be significant changes to the accel fuel, and likely some changes to the post start multiplier, in order to accommodate the loss of enhanced transient fuel control and start fuel factor.

Firmware upgrade is a chip change, there is also a service procedure for early version ecu's.
        He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Working...
        X