Weak Spark after Conversion to Reluctor & 36-1 TW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak Spark after Conversion to Reluctor & 36-1 TW

My SM4 Firmware 1.06 has been running happily since 2007. Holden 6 Cylinder turbo charged. I just converted from Hall Trigger and Sync to a single Reluctor and 36-1 TW crank mounted. I have made the I/P Cylinder and Sync changes as required along with reconnecting the return at the ECU previously cut for the Hall sensor.
    The engine cranks and provides a Cyl sync and Cyl pulse1 ms count. When cranking the Sync/Cyl sits at 49%. I don't see any errors here. The new sensor looks to be working fine. The spark is not enough to run a timing light.
    The ignition coil Bosch 9 220 061 800 and ignition module 0 227 100 203 had been working fine also until this reluctor change. Both have been substituted now.
    The CAL is attached.
    After re checking changed items, stripping wiring looms, using scope to ensure fall edge trigger, checking power to coils, earths to ignition modules, substituting parts etc etc I am out of places to check.

Where to look next ?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Is this a late Ecotec V6 with 18 and 3 teeth on the crank and single tooth sync on the cam wheel.
    He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

VK Commodore Black 6 cylinder with Sonic Injection 36-1 Trigger Wheel.

Comment

How is the sync derived ?

Comment

The missing tooth should be the sync ??
          Last edited by Gordo; February 27th, 2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

If you are trying to run the engine in two stroke mode. Are you ?

Comment

You will not be able to run 720 without a cam sync.

Comment

No. It should be in 4 stroke. Does it need to be 2 stroke with the single crank sensor? As opposed to a 720 degree cycle.

Comment

You will not be able to run 720 without a cam sync.

Comment

Thanks Chris. To confirm. Can I even use a single sensor crank mounted reluctor on a 36-1 TW ? Is this just a config.
                    OR
                    Is the I/P Cyl & Sync configuration I have expecting to see a 2nd sensor for sync ?

Comment

Got it now. Thanks. Sorry for wasting your time.

Comment

You can run the engine in 360 mode with either missing or extra tooth trigger, however I regard the loss of sequential injection as a crime against humanity.

Comment

Working...
                        X