Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SM4 external map because internal have failed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM4 external map because internal have failed.

Hi, I am helping a friend that have a SM4 with a failed internal mapsensor, and we wired up an external to I/P 2-3. I have tried to setup I/P Manifold to USER DEFINED, sensor input as EXTERNAL and tried with offset so it matches baro, but when I am applying pressure or vacuum, it dont react... I have setup I/P BARO as Manifold pressure.
    I have measured that the mapsensor gets 5+Volt and sensor gnd. Also ohmed the wires to the main connector to be sure we have all wired correctly. I have also checked that the voltage varies out from the mapsensor when applying pressure and vacuum. I believe I have forgot or setup something wrong, but I cant figure what... Please take a look in the cal.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

I am not involved with the Autronic main office any more but what is the external sensor model?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
      I am not involved with the Autronic main office any more but what is the external sensor model?
      so there will no longer be support for the autronic community?

Comment

Support arrangements are detailed on this page.

http://autronic.com.au/contact.htm
        He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
          Hi, sorry for late reply, but have been a week off for vacation and was not able to reply with my iPhone nor the kids iPad... dont know why I wasnt able to reply in this section...
          Anyway it is a 4-bar, 0 kpa-0.25V and 400 kpa-4.85V. I have used this sensor on both Vi-PEC and Link ecus with no problems.
          Do you see in the cal what I have done wrong?
          Thanks

Comment

Span is 1.15, offset is -21.7. You went wrong here, "and tried with offset so it matches baro". The baro value is derived from the external map sensor.
            He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Working...
            X