looking for software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for software

Hi I am looking for the correct software for a 1997 wrxsti still having problems with the 21 code can't find anything here in UK

Helppppppppppppppp

A 1997 WRX PnP ECU is not an Autronic produced baseboard however I would expect the ECU board to be SMC/SMD based. In that case SM2 / SMC software should be used.

Comment

Thx ian

Comment

Well I got the temp sensor in the post this morning 6 days from to the UK that ain't bad going .fit it at the weekend and see what happens

Comment

Cars running a lot better now ,got to get the cde wiped now

Comment

Hi again

Right I am going to have to buy al lap top to download the software myself but ive hit a possible problem , will it run on windows 10 . after doing some research it appears that many programs written on xp vista 7/8 will but will this. There's no point spending £400 on a laptop if its not going to work

Thx again

Comment

Scrub that running like a bag of ____

Comment

Originally posted by bigfootgman View Post
                Scrub that running like a bag of ____
                It is unlikely a faulty air temp sensor or associated wiring
                would make the engine run like a bag of shite. There is likely another
                problem.
                He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

hhis is confusing me now ,spoke to the UK dealer today and checked the wiring which looks OK started the car and its running fine again besides the fact I've still got the 21 code on start up.the only thing I can do is get it down to him and get it plugged in 300 mile round trip though

Comment

I cannot assist you with your geography issue.
                    The problem may be unrelated to the ecu.
                    He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Check if the 21 code occurs only once when the ignition is turned on (don't start the engine) and is not repeated about 30 seconds later. If it does not repeat then it is ok.

The first time the code flashes is an historic report to show you the error has occurred in the last 20 warm-up cycles. If there is no repeat then the code will not display any more after the 20 cycles.

If the historic code shows and then repeats about 30 seconds later then the error is still present.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                        Check if the 21 code occurs only once when the ignition is turned on (don't start the engine) and is not repeated about 30 seconds later. If it does not repeat then it is ok.

The first time the code flashes is an historic report to show you the error has occurred in the last 20 warm-up cycles. If there is no repeat then the code will not display any more after the 20 cycles.

If the historic code shows and then repeats about 30 seconds later then the error is still present.
                        Cheers ian I'll double check I know it does it when ignition is switched on then after you've turned the engine and its started

Comment

Don't start the engine, just wait the time.

Comment

Yep comes on twice

Now on checking the wiring its been spliced into the original maf wiring but the wiring from there to the male side of the conecter seems to be a lot thinner than that on the female side and its coiled round each other .could either of these things cause a voltage problem that the ecu would recognize
                            I think I will re do it anyway
                            Cheers

Comment

finally looks like i may have sorted it.i rewired the above mentioned section and im only getting the code once now.just got to hope it goes once the twenty cycles is done

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              schoolgirl sexokeygabilesohbetdeneme bonusuKoRehberidikmen evden eve nakliyatoyunlar oynaKo Rehberiankara evden eve nakliyat #yaslikurt# Hack haber instagram hackleme sitesi Hack forum