Can't log due to USB to Serial Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't log due to USB to Serial Converter

Hi all, I am using a USB to Serial Converter but every time I try to do a log, it keeps going offline so we can't do a log successfully. Are others able to do logs using the serial converter? If so, then I guess I need to try another laptop.

Let me know
    Thanks
    Mike

are you using aten?
    do a search, Ian posted several times recommended settings when using converters (speed, FIFO etc)

Comment

Is the problem logging on the PC or downloading an ECU log?

Comment

The problem is when we hit F9, the log starts but then it soon goes offline so we can't get a complete log of the 4th gear pull. It may be the laptop so I guess the first step is to try another laptop and see if we can get it to work cause logging into the ECU is no problem.

Comment

F9 is not the PC logging, that is the Strip Chart. The PC logging is displayed with the F10 button. The PC logger can run automatically or controlled by the F8 key depending on the settings in menu Logger - PC Logger Properties.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
            F9 is not the PC logging, that is the Strip Chart. The PC logging is displayed with the F10 button. The PC logger can run automatically or controlled by the F8 key depending on the settings in menu Logger - PC Logger Properties.
            Hi Ian, is this something that has changed in the software as I was pretty sure we used to (back in 2009) hit F9 to start the log and then F10 to stop it?

Comment

No changes to the software. If you were using F9 then all you were doing was displaying the strip chart. The PC logger would probably have been configured with an RPM threshold. F8 can be used to toggle the PC logger but be careful not to stop it if it has been automatically started with RPM. The bottom left corner of the screen shows the status as PC Logger Armed or PC Logger Running.

Comment

Working...
              X