Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

file import/export from android to autronic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• match220
    replied
    Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post

Should we stick with Phone or go something like an Arduino?
    I still like the phone/tablet idea. It seems more handy since we would have our phones/tablets with us already.

Leave a comment:

• ROBAPHENT
    replied
    I would rather Hardline...

I can hack WiFi in about 5min. So think if you are at the race track with that connected i hack it could change tunes if you password protect it might take be a tad longer :P

Good news kids..... Convinced my work to send me to uni going to learn C++ more advanced then i do already. so could be the start of a nice uni project

Should we stick with Phone or go something like an Arduino?

Leave a comment:

• bazeng
    replied
    http://wolfmotorsport.com.au/index.p...-wifi-adapter/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j62Z...e_gdata_player

This is what we should do.

Leave a comment:

• match220
    replied
    yeah, I'm pretty sure we would if we used an adapter. I put some links in an earlier post about a micro usb to db9 female that I found, it's backwards but maybe we could swap out the tip for a male connector?

Leave a comment:

• ROBAPHENT
    replied
    But with USB we will need to install an Serial to USB Converter like we need to on PC's wont we?

Leave a comment:

• match220
    replied
    I have a Samsung? what are other people running anyone know how much of a difference there is between coding between models or is it more just a display thing?
    I have the Google Nexus 4 by LG. I don't think the coding is very different between phones, just the hardware differences and software differences between versions of Android (2.3, 4.0, 4.1, etc). In the link I posted above to the "square" website, there is a list of models that are not capable of streaming data through the headphone jack, I'm not sure about USB connectivity. Maybe someone else can chime in, but I would think USB would be universal as the name suggests.

My bluetooth OBD reader hasn't worked on all of my phones that I have had over the last 4 years, but that uses bluetooth and not USB.

Leave a comment:

• ROBAPHENT
    replied
    Alright i guess being android based

I have a Samsung? what are other people running anyone know how much of a difference there is between coding between models or is it more just a display thing?

Project workflow.

Have Autronic talk to Andriod enough to swap CAL files. So users can switch maps.

Have it so you need to select version of Autronic 1st then file/autronic can write and read and so forth.

then furture go for auto detect of version and go from there with logging and so forth?

and Ian im a bit confused with your 2nd line? i dont think any of us want to change firmware on autronic just be able to load Cal files onto the autronic via mobile device to save wiring up switchable maps just make life easy

Leave a comment:

• Aussiejzx
    replied
    This is awesome stuff, my mind's already wandering towards this: if we can get the connection between the phone and autronic sorted.... datalogging autronic app for android? haha. that would seriously blow the competition out the water for modern/up to date convenience...

Leave a comment:

• MRMRacing
    replied

And people say Autronic support is shit.
    Really? I have never heard that

Leave a comment:

• match220
    replied
    Anyone seen this using the headphone jack on a andriod to send/rec to serial port.

Would people rather USB connecting or headphone jack?
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...phone-usb-jack

http://hackaday.com/2010/02/01/andro...al-connection/

And as far as people wanting to use the headphone jack or USB. I, personally, would rather use the headphone jack. That gives me the option to charge the phone if necessary. The only issue seems to be that most android devices can use the headphone jack this way, but not all of them support it. I went to the Square website for their card reader device that connects through the headphone jack and found a list of devices that won't work with their connection through the headphone jack. Some devices aren't capable of sending data through the headphone jack, but most seem to work.

https://squareup.com/help/en-us/arti...ty-with-square

Leave a comment:

• ROBAPHENT
    replied
    Thanks Ian.

And people say Autronic support is shit.

http://robots-everywhere.com/re_wiki...the_audio_port

Anyone seen this using the headphone jack on a andriod to send/rec to serial port.

Would people rather USB connecting or headphone jack?

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    That datastream list (for SM4 v1.01 to v1.07) is not quite correct as some of the Error code bytes were not implemented. The SM4 datastream protocols are attached.

In relation to program code to swap cals for other platforms the source code (or components of it) for the current software will not be released. I have no say in this (nor wish to have any).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• match220
    replied
    yeah, it does seem to make more sense to start out with something simple. I was just thinking in regards to safety. I don't know what it would take to kill the SM4, but I don't want to find out either..haha. I've wondered what accidentally loading a 1.09 cal onto a 1.06 device would do, and I'm not brave enough to find out. Maybe an "are you sure" message, or a verification bar across the top that says connected to 1.06 SM4, or connected to 1.09 SM4.

On a separate note, is it possible to configure an android device to charge while being connected to another device? I know the usb cable would need to be split and the data +/data- separate from the 5v+/gnd.

Also check out the Torque app from the android market. I use it for obd2 diagnostics on the cars that I work on. It connects to the car's odb2 port and you can display different outputs from the engine. Maybe it could give you some ideas on how to set up some things.

Leave a comment:

• ROBAPHENT
    replied
    Well from the emails i got from IAN, This was all i got for SM4 how ever i do have SM2 and SMC data streams as well.

I would assume SM4 are all the same just no knock retard? but i will ask Ian that as i need to email him in regards to some items im awaiting.

A simple streen with a drop down menu select version of autronic at the start then that will set how the autronic and andriod talk.

Reason i say select from the start is how about we start with something simple 1st get it working before we start looking at auto detection and so on.

Leave a comment:

• match220
    replied
    Awesome, how did you get the data stream? Maybe it could be an all-in-one program. Like you could select SM4, SM2, or SMC from the options menu. Also, do the different version of the Autronic (ex. 1.06 or 1.09) have different data streams? Since I have an SM4 1.06, would the data stream be the same as an SM4 1.09? If the datastream is incorrect then it just wouldn't show right on the android/iphone. But then as far as storing a new file is concerned, if the file is stored incorrectly, it could brick the Autronic hardware, correct? The software would need to be able to detect what version of the SM4 is, so it could give a warning message if trying to store a file different from the hardware?

What if we just emailed the company and asked them for the source code? Or if not the source code then at least the piece of code that stores the file on the ecu, if it is the same across all Autronic platforms, and how the software detects the hardware version. We could say something like how it would be useful in marketing the product once we've got it semi working we could share it with them so they can fine tune it. They could then say, "it works with android and iphone devices", or something like that. Since they don't sell the software I don't see why it would be an issue to ask for the source code unless they don't want corrupt software floating around the Internet.
    Last edited by match220; April 21st, 2013, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X