• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I setup Stepper IAC

This is a basic guide to setup and install stepper IAC for the SM4:

1) First off to setup output and define the pattern:
    In menu M1 / O/P Setup as follows:

Go to O/P IAC control and press Enter, assign O/P IAC control to Stepper.

Go to column O/P Pin and assign the Outputs you have connected the stepper to.

Go to column Properties and select Stepper Sequense
    The pattern should look something like:

One can also "half step" the IAC stepper. This gives double the resolution of the stepper, but is a little more sensitive to voltage dips. Some steppers can overheat with the half-step mode because there are 2 windings energised at the same time.
    Or you can try the IAC Dither mode in IAC Tuning, it can split one step down by rapidly stepping backwards and forwards, but it would depend on stepper response.
    "Half step" pattern can look something like this:

Go to column Properties and select Stepper Setup

Find out in wich order the outputs should be energized.

Set "Power up recal mode" to "Preferred dir", and "Preferred dir" to "Fully open". Then use "Stepper Reset(Full)" to see if the stepper can open and close the full range to check for the right pin order. If incorrect, then swap two of the outputs in the O/P table or in the pattern table at a time until it works.

To find the stepper travel range, set a reasonable value, like 200, do a "Stepper Reset(Full)" twice. Listen to the stepper if it sounds different at the end of the travel. If no, increase travel. If it changes in sound at the end then decrease the travel until that "end travel noise" disappears.

Be sure to set "Min stepping volts" to a value that the stepper can secure work on, like somewhere between 8 to 10 Volts. Otherwise one will get idle rpm issues caused by fans, AC clutch, ABS servo and other high current consumers starting up.

2) Setup idle control from Guide IAC setup
    Robert Jansson
    MRM-Racing

what are the settings to control the iac and the acc for r32 gtr in a sm2 do you need to run both

Comment

SM2 do not run steppers.
      Robert Jansson
      MRM-Racing

Comment

From memory R32 GTR uses a two pin linear control valve with limited airflow.

Chris
        He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

What is the correct stepper setup for a evo ix, I saw some other evo ix sm4 cal files with different setups, although they use the same stepper. Attached is mine.
          Differences I saw, some use 255 travel and smart power up re-cal mode. Also re-cal over steps lower, not that critical I guess.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dragracer187; February 6th, 2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I think 130 steps, 10 volt, Prefered-dir, fully closed, 25 steps is defauylt for IX.
            Robert Jansson
            MRM-Racing

Comment

I just tried this IAC setup with my SM 4 using aV109 IC. The throttle body is a GM. I was unable to enter anything in the stepper sequence table, except "length". Was able to enter "stepper travel". I am stumped with the bridge setup; only able to configure "bridge 1" or"bridge 2", but not both as necessary for stepper drive.
              Robert

Comment

I tried this process for my SM4 with V109 IC. I was only able to select 1 output. And I found another msg with a differently arranged process that also didn't work. Trying that, I was able to select 1 bridge and 2 outputs only. Was also able to only enter the stepper sequence "length" but not enter the "1's" and "0's" for each step. Can you tell me where I'm going wrong?

Robert

Comment

Email me your cal. info@ecuglobal.com.au

Comment

where do i find stepper reset (full)??

Comment

Where do I find stepper reset (full)??

Comment

Its in M0.
                        He gets his lap dogs to do his talking for him. Buzzard is a good example.

Comment

Working...
                        X