Tuning a stable idle control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning a stable idle control

Here is my first attempt doing a write up on "How to tune idle control".

The Quick idle last are not 100 % ready and I have not checket for typing or "brain" errors yet will do so soon....

HERE
    Last edited by MRMRacing; July 21st, 2011, 09:10 AM.
    Robert Jansson
    MRM-Racing

Are IAC Stall saver and IAC extra fuel descriptions correct or are they swapped around?

Comment

Awsome, Robert. This is the sort of detailed information we've been needing from Autronic themselves for years. Great effort.

Comment

Originally posted by yrkesman View Post
        Are IAC Stall saver and IAC extra fuel descriptions correct or are they swapped around?
        No they are not, The IAC extra fuel is the amount of throttle postion neded to archiev the range.
        This is a thing I did not know until I met Ian!
        Same is stall saver.
        Robert Jansson
        MRM-Racing

Comment

This is great, thanks for the manual.

Comment

What about if I don't have an IAC?
            What's the best Idle tuning strategy.

I currently have the idle adjusted to be fast after warmup(about 1000rpm) such that during cold starts it will idle at 700 or so.

My timing and fuel is also such that if the idle wanders low the fuel/timing will speed it up.
            When the engine is warm the idle is pretty rock steady.

The only thing that bothers me is the cold to warm transition.
            No big deal but if there's anything I haven't done, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked View Post

I currently have the idle adjusted to be fast after warmup(about 1000rpm) such that during cold starts it will idle at 700 or so.

My timing and fuel is also such that if the idle wanders low the fuel/timing will speed it up.

If your only problem is a lower idle during warm up you can always use an aux timing table and use coolant temp and rpm as the axis. Add more timing during warmup. You can also do the same using an aux fuel table.

Comment

Originally posted by underpsi68 View Post
                If your only problem is a lower idle during warm up you can always use an aux timing table and use coolant temp and rpm as the axis. Add more timing during warmup. You can also do the same using an aux fuel table.
                I'll mess around with that once I get my other stuff worked out.

Comment

I'm having issues with my idle. It idles great when cold, but when it's warmed up, it will loop, become wild enough until it stalls. Also stalls on the road when the throttle closes. I'm running a turbo 6 cyl bmw, manual trans.
                  I have an SM2. Does this info on the SM4 work on the SM2 as well?

Comment

No it will not, SM4 has a much better IAC control than SMC/SM2.
                    Robert Jansson
                    MRM-Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked View Post

I'm in the same boat!

Any tips for idle tuning with ignition only?
                      Mitsubishi Galant VR4. SM4 1.09. T51R SPL E85. Motec SDL. 425kw at 4. 10.93@135mph.
                      Mitsubishi Galant AMG. Evo IX SM4 1.07. Gt30r 98Ron. Auto. Street car.
                      ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by MRMRacing View Post
                        ]ere is my first attempt doing a write up on "How to tune idle control".

The Quick idle last are not 100 % ready and I have not checket for typing or "brain" errors yet will do so soon....

HERE

Could someone explain in detail how to set up the gpc table to find the idle air valve duty cycle at various rpm points, that goes into the actuator O/P cal table, my case using 2-wire.

Comment

anyone? just need to know what axis to use, and target... allready set up gpc to the right pwm pin to the iac.

Comment

You do not need any feedback, and axis do not matter. Just remove axis so you got one cell left and it is easy to test different rpmĀ“s. Also make sure the inhibits are disabled.
                            Robert Jansson
                            MRM-Racing

Comment

I was using this method of setting up my IAC (2-wire Bosch) and I have encountered an issue that I assume would be a problem for everyone.
                              When I set my timing flat (0 degrees in my case) to test the IAC proportion range etc and I ask for 50rpm idle setpoint, The engine will not hold a steady rpm at lower speed due to the ignition timing. My timing for a steady 850rpm will of course be slightly more advanced than to hold a steady 650rpm. This is also the case when finding the upper limit of the proportion range. The engine requires much more timing to hold steady rpm with 100% IAC opening than a steady 850rpm.

My question is then how to know for sure what the upper and lower limits are when the engine is oscillating badly because of the flat timing?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              schoolgirl sexokeygabilesohbetdeneme bonusuKoRehberidikmen evden eve nakliyatoyunlar oynaKo Rehberiankara evden eve nakliyat #yaslikurt# Hack haber instagram hackleme sitesi Hack forum